Tuesday Afternoon Fellowship
This group of retired men and women meets fortnightly on Tuesday afternoons at 2 pm. Our membership at present stands at 26 with four non-attending members, who are at home or in care homes.
The format of the meeting remains the same as always, with a devotional time that is followed by a talk by invited speakers, including our Minister. The meeting is set up ‘café style’ and finishes with a social time over tea and biscuits. A sub of £1.50 is charged per person per visit, which goes to charities and to pay for some invited speakers.
Special events last year were:
• The Garden Party in July, where the Alzheimer’s Society benefited from donations.
• In August a picnic was enjoyed in the Memorial Gardens.
• Harvest Thanksgiving was celebrated in September and tins and dry goods were taken to the Friary.
• In November Jess Dixon from the Rainbows Children Hospice came to give an update on the Charity and Christmas Cards and gifts were on sale to members.
• A Christmas Lunch was enjoyed by everyone at Ashmores.
• Also, in December a Christmas Concert was given by the U3A Ukulele Band in support of the Macular Society.
• A Charity Lunch was held in the Schoolroom for Action for Children and Kerry Wilson from the charity gave the after-dinner talk.
• In March, Easter Eggs were collected and taken to Bingham Sure-Start Centre Food Bank where they were distributed amongst needy families.
• We continue our support of the Methodist Church World Mission Fund with an annual donation.
Click HERE to return to Contents